Home arrow Japan Forum
Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Japan Photos

Want to see more pictures of Japan? See the way people used to live and the way they live now. You can even buy the best of our Japan photos in high resolution. Take a look here for a sample.
TheJapanChannel Photos...

Japan Videos

Check out our great selection of unique Japan videos. See the country from a new perspective and learn about Japanese art, culture and history. See this weeks latest video. Check-it-out!
TheJapanChannel Videos...
Japan Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Working in Japan (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Working in Japan
petina (Admin)
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Working in Japan 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -583  
P.S. You will need better than "conversational" English to teach it.
Your understanding of English grammar will need to be good enough that you can teach it confidently and your pronunciation will need to be good.
(There are some people teaching English who have no idea.. but it is harder for them to get and keep jobs )

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hawkzilla22 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Working in Japan 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
i'm a student and i'm studying music production. ive heard its quite a popular job market and a lot of musicians say japanese tours are very profitable.

ive been considering doing my placement year over in japan. one of the options is working for a studio in japan, but the only problem is it doesnt pay very well

i dont of anyone who has actually took up the option from my university, but apparantly its really competitive. i'd love to do it, but funding myself and other commitments are making it seem less likely. i just thought i'd post about it because it seems no-one really hears much about the "bigger" job market, and one person in here was asking about degree opportunities

petina (Admin)
Admin
graph
Re:Working in Japan 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -583  
Sounds very cool!

But I guess the self-funding problem and the other difficulties you mention are why we don't hear that sort of thing discussed here often

Hawkzilla22 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
i'd love to do it, but i'd have to get a job and work non-stop as well as continue my degree for the rest of the year just to have some money for it. so its like sacrificing my entire social life lol

bigudukaz (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
i have finished a college in denmark in english (dont speak danish) is it enought as for a teacher? (gues not )
the other thing, is it possible to get some job in chemistry/biotechnology lab? i suppose that its possible to survive with basics of japanese in the begining.... (?)
and what about dirty jobs as cleaning or storage worker etc...?

petina (Admin)
Admin
graph
Re:Working in Japan 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -583  
To teach English your written English would have to be pretty good.. and your spoken English and pronunciation would need to be very good...

To get a job in a lab. I imagine your Japanese would need to be pretty good (reading and writing too...)

As for unskilled jobs.. you cant get a working visa to do unskilled jobs..
The Japanese government will only give working visas for skilled jobs (preferably work that Japanese people are not skilled in..)

Sorry.... not easy, is it!!!

Go to top Post Reply