Home arrow Japan Forum
Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Japan Photos

Want to see more pictures of Japan? See the way people used to live and the way they live now. You can even buy the best of our Japan photos in high resolution. Take a look here for a sample.
TheJapanChannel Photos...

Japan Videos

Check out our great selection of unique Japan videos. See the country from a new perspective and learn about Japanese art, culture and history. See this weeks latest video. Check-it-out!
TheJapanChannel Videos...
Japan Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:A Tour Of Japan! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:A Tour Of Japan!
TheGhostOfSabotage (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
A Tour Of Japan! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
I'm not in a band or anything like that, but I would love to go on a tour on foot or something all over Japan one day, so would there be some kind of permit to put up a tent anywhere or is it free and would I be able to walk anywhere, like in Scotland where you can walk in any direction and so on or would I also need some kind of permit to do that as well and how much cash would one need need to do the tour and would I be able to work for some cash with out going into some kind of application and getting some kind of housing and so on or will I be able to work for cash in hand for a few hours then leave later on with it?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
petina (Admin)
Admin
graph
Re:A Tour Of Japan! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -583  
Finding a place to put up a tent that did not belong to someone or attract police would be.. difficult..
Cash work like you describe.. also.

It is not Japan style..

Cravez (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:A Tour Of Japan! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 17  
The closest idea that comes close to what you may be thinking would be doing a Working Holiday Visa in Japan. You can do a Working Holiday Visa if you belong to one of these countries:
- Austrailia
- Canada
- France
- Germany
- Ireland
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom

Considering what you want to do (i.e travelling by foot and using tents), I don't think this will be possible (you could walk, but using tents would be a no-no id imagine). I don't know about the whole cash in hand thing, I think if your WHV gets processed by Immigration it may be possible depending on the work involved. The whole point of the WHV is to get work to supplement your travelling.

There are requirements and restrictions for obtaining the WHV such as your age. You also have to submit to your Japanese Consultate your reasons for going and also your travel itinary. You need to have sufficient money in your bank account to support yourself until you find work. There are usually limits on the type of employment taken, or the length of time the traveller can be employed for.

You can find out more information from your countries Japanese Consultate, but if you don't belong to one of the countries that partipates in it then there is really no point in finding out anyway.

Strength is the product of struggle, you must do what others don't to achieve what others won't
TheGhostOfSabotage (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:A Tour Of Japan! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
So what your saying it's really not a good idea to do so with out a big sum of cash in the bank... would it be like better idea if one used a touring caravan or something of the sorts?

Cravez (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:A Tour Of Japan! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 17  
Firstly it depends on what kind of permit/visa you are going for, technically if you are on a visitor permit the amount of money you have doesn't matter (as in they won't check for bank details, long as if you have a return flight ticket though), but if you go for a Working Holiday Visa then yes you need a certain amount of money in the bank.

Strength is the product of struggle, you must do what others don't to achieve what others won't
samurai8 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4  

Last Edit: 2012/02/03 15:57 By samurai8.

Meaning of life is simply,"now" Not worry about past you cannot change it,Not worry about future it will simply arrive,Do very best for yourself,also all living creatures,
"Now" in this moment,this is all we have,Qunli Bond
Go to top Post Reply