Home arrow Japan Forum
Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Japan Photos

Want to see more pictures of Japan? See the way people used to live and the way they live now. You can even buy the best of our Japan photos in high resolution. Take a look here for a sample.
TheJapanChannel Photos...

Japan Videos

Check out our great selection of unique Japan videos. See the country from a new perspective and learn about Japanese art, culture and history. See this weeks latest video. Check-it-out!
TheJapanChannel Videos...
Japan Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Any recomendations? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Any recomendations?
Daywin (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Any recomendations? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
Petina is correct, I would stay in a cheap guest home in Takayama! Takayama is AMAZING!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Remixer (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Any recomendations? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1  
What do you do, if Japanese Immigration laws let you stay in Japan for 6 months without a visa?

Such would be the case with my German passport.

Cheers

Remixer

petina (Admin)
Admin
graph
Re:Any recomendations? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: -583  
6 months without a visa???
Have you checked on that?
Some nationalities can get automatic holiday visas (temporary visitor permits) on arrival, but they are usually 90 days.
You need to give an address in Japan when you arrive and have enough money for your stay.
They may want to see a return plane ticket too.

Remixer (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Any recomendations? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1  
Yeah, some nationalities get automatic entry permits upon arrival at an air- or seaport in Japan. The duration of the stay varies from nationality to nationality, but Western European citizen generally get a 6 month entry permit, and have the option to renew it for another 6 months in exchange for a renewal fee.

I doubt the immigration officials would ask those things, since there is no real procedure attached with getting an entry permit.

Then again, Japan is pretty different from the rest of the world. I wouldn't know.

Remixer

Last Edit: 2009/12/18 05:05 By Remixer.
gbh (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Any recomendations? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: -178  
I can only relate my own experience from 1998. I came to Japan as a tourist for 3 months, then went to Korea for 3 days. Upon my return the rather hardcore immigration official tried to make me accept a one week stay. I kept apologising for all the fuss I was making for him but stuck to my guns with regards staying for 3 months unless he could give reason as to why I wasn't allowed. They checked where I was staying, how much money I had, my return ticket (one year open) etc. He slowly caved, "okay, you can stay one month". "Sorry", say I...After some time he offers, "okay 2 months maximum!". "Sorry", say I..Finally and rather angrily he allows me to stay for 3 months. Then he had a red stamp placed in my passport (translated as HOU from Houritsu meaning law) and told me, "you stay for 3 month...after go back Australia you come back Japan before one year we not let you come in!"
Funny thing is that for the 2 hours this took I lost count of how many prostitutes I saw arriving from foreign countries.

With your help I am hoping to break through to 100 negative Karma by Jan 1st. Wont you give so that I may enjoy?
petina (Admin)
Admin
graph
Re:Any recomendations? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: -583  
Yep, that sounds pretty standard
But you mean "entertainers", right?

Go to top Post Reply